Saturday, May 26, 2007

VEGAS PART 2 ( NON POKER)

OK - here is my best of everything else in Vegas.

GETTING THERE

Flew direct with Virgin from London - and have been non direct before - direct is a must ongoing much better.

HOTEL

We had a limited budget and wanted 3 beds so went for a low fashionable hotel but a suite rather than a room. Was only £70 a night for a suite at Imperial palace and the room and location centres strip was awesome. However, I dont think the basic instinct style mirrors above the bed and shower were meant for 3 blokes sharing :) !!!

BEST HOTEL

Ceasers Palace would top my list this time. Awesome card room great club and sports books and the pussycat dolls lounge !!

FOOD

At high end had a great meal at an upper class Mexican called Diegos in MGM and also had a very nice meal in the town square in Venettian.

SHOW

Went to see the Blue Man group at the Venettian - good show - very original but expensive at $120 and not a patch on Ka at MGM that I watched last year.

BAR

Went to Ghost Bar at the top of the Palms and this is my favourite bar in the world. Awesome set up and view off the strip - really trendy and a 10$ entry also got you into the Playboy lounge in the new tour and into Moon nightclub - awesome setting and excellent night.

I also really liked Rouge at MGM and Shadow looked good in Ceasers.

CLUBS

We went to 4 clubs but for me Pure at Ceasers stood out was awesome. About 3 floors / VIP areas 2 dj's- one outside overlooking the strip etc.

Marks out of 10

Pure at Ceasers 10
Drais at Bills ( after club club ) 7
Moon at Palms 8
Studio54 at MGM 5

GOLF

Im pretty shit at golf but had a great day at Angel Parks. This has a 12 hole par 3 course with par 3 replicas from around the world including Sawgrass Postage Stamp at Royal Troon St Andrews holes etc. Maximum length of a hole was 150 yards and was perfect for the likes of me. I went round in 47 which I was quite happy with but came 3rd of 3 only winning the 1st. We then played the 18 hole putting course with 100 ft plus holes which was awesome and I held my own at that. Recommended.

OVERALL

Superb holiday - usually ready for home after 7 days but deffo wasn't this time. Vegas I miss you already :)

No comments: