Played this yesterday and came 30 oddth from 108 and ultimately was disappointed.
Main 5 hands below.
1) 3 way all in me AK v AQ v 44 and I hit trip K and win 27K flop.
2) Short stack all in from SB for 6K him K8 v my KJ and he flops 8 for 12K pot.
3) Picked up an 8K flop with a river bluff v Ash that put him on tilt !!! - he had position on me all day so I had a difficult seat as he was one of the best players at event.
4) me AK v 99 for 26-8K pot (average at time 20K)* see below thread - I think I could have got ruling and picked up 6K uncontested :(
5) left with 10K after above and re raised all in with 77 and was called by KK.
Soap 26 Jul 01:57
played the Teeside masters £500 even today and was doing ok with 25K (about average) when folloing hand came up.
I raised at 400 800 75 ante to 2500 with AK. Few folded round to pished bloke who annouces raise to 2200 (obviously didnt realise i had raised). 1st question he was told he had to make min rause to 4200 - i think this is correct - agree?
At this point I had already decided to shove.
However, what happened next was bizarre upon been told he had to min raise he through cards over line and said i fold - I didnt say anything and basicaly a few people said you cant fold and he picked cards back up from other line and made it 4200. My question here is if I asked for a ruling would his hand have been dead and would have had to put in 4200?
My 2nd question is given what he has just done and even if you knew you could get the above ruling, would you ask for it given you are holding AK (he is playing about 15K).
Dont want this to be results orientated thread but hand basically shoved he called and his 99 held v my AK.