Ain't got much energy for this type of post this year but have tryed to put top 5 good and top 5 bad so a balanced post. Overall an extremely poor year from me poker / gambling wise and most targets set at start of the year were missed.
1)My biggest disappointment for many a year was the profit I made on the banking shares that I held. At one stage I had up to 20K invested and felt these shares were unbelievable value. However they went down initially and there was so much negativity around that I ran when profits got up to around 30% netting a decent gain, had I stuck to my principles that gain could have been 10 times higher at around 50k !!!!
2) My biggest buy in ever was the EPO where I paid 3500$ for a seat although I sold about half my action. I played very well in this tournament and despite losing races was still in it with 10% of field left when my aces were busted by Kx suited to finish outside the cash.
3) At Macau in a 5000$ buy in event I was drawn on the table of death yet managed to get a decent stack on a table full of pros. Once again fortune was not on my side and I lost all big pots most of which I was massive favourite in, KK versus 56 suited was particularly painful.
4) Dominated hands - at the other 2 big buy in events I played in the year which were the EPT Copenhagen and Newcastle GUKPT I ran 2nd set into top set and Kings into Aces.
5) Not mastering PLO and ultimately making a loss at this discipline during the year.
1) NL hold em cash games in the first 6 months of the year went very well and I quite often felt I was the best player at the table at 6 max, and this was shown in profits and my win rate.
2) Qualifying via 2 freerolls into the EPT Copenhagen on pokerstars.
3) Qualifying for Macau.
4) Instigating and taking my sabbatical leave from work and having the most amazing 2 months when travelling around Asia and Australia.
5) Winning the Betfair Sunday night major earlier in the year, which at that point had meant I had won it 3 times in a year which was prob 1 time in every 10-12 times i had played it over that time period.