Wednesday, December 24, 2008

REVIEW OF 08 PART 1 + HAPPY XMAS

Below is my post from Jan 1 this year. With my comments in bold.

2008 POKER AIMS
Ok first and foremost I know my job / career needs to take priority in the first half of the year and I have major project go lives in April and July hence sometimes have split aims into 1st and 2nd half of year. This worked out very well with a promotion in April 1 this year to my target career level. However, it also meant my volume of poker was down massively on previous years as expected.

1) Win £18k in the year (7K 1st 6 months / 11k 2nd 6 months) - reason for split is just simply I think I can do a lot more volume in later half of year which results in more rake and hopefully profit. I detsroyed this beyond my wildest dreams - think I had this ticked off by April.

2) As last year qualify for one major live event (restricted in 1st half of year as cant really get time off) - targets will be UK GPT at Newcastle, CPC and Aussie millions for Jan 09. - Wow for the year I had on this one also. Qualified for 4 GUKPT of which I played 3. Also for the WSOP Europe and the Carribean Poker Classic with a final table in that event.

3) Make 6k in year at no limit cash. I will make just above this. Still feel a bit amateurish at cash but can tick this off.

4) Break even at fixed limit (profit from rake)Made a loss before rake FAILED

5) Create a list of players whos table you want to sit at for NL cash. Done but waste of time as everyone else has same players and get huge wait lists.

6) Make top 3 on a Betfair leaderboard in the year at either STT or MTT. They didnt run but will tick this off as one month would deffo have won the MTT one,

Hence 5 out of 6


Again 2 less measurable aims also.

1) When stressed / tired either dont play or play sit and go's only and log off when have that cant be arsed felling!!. (harder to measure)

2) Be dedicated and even if have good win continue as one was before win.

Probably met the above 2 50%.

An amazing year for me, one I would be delighted to ever repeat and for once will give myself a decent pat on the back. Have paid 50K or so off the mortagage this year which is always my aim to get this down in current financial situation.


Finally, this blog continues to help me remain focussed, I hate posting any losses !!!.

I want to thank my readers for reading and wish them a great Xmas and New year. Special good luck to Ben / Brennan on thier upcoming adventure.

As someone put in my xmas card - May you hit all your flops !!!

1 comment:

Amatay said...

n1 Mark, congrats on the year