Thursday, August 06, 2009

A PROPER VACATION

Come up to 10 yrs at my place of work next month and have decided (and have had signed off) 3 months unpaid leave before I come back to a new role in the same company at Jan 1. Really appreciate them accommodating this for me.

Anyway - whats the plans - Am i going to be a layabout bum like Amatay / Brenos / Holmes etc I hear you ask? (sorry boys !!). Well the answer for 1 month is Yes as the Mrs also had leave signed off but only 2 months. Hence master plan looks something like below.

AUGUST

- Work till mid August
- Play APT in Macau and go with Homes till almost end Aug.

SEPT

- Few weeks bumming around / seeing a few people and going to races etc.
- Maybe a few days in exchange shop if my "pro mate" will teach me!!
- Then Nottingham for English Poker Open and maybe heading down to London for WSOPE.
- Unfortunately cant make Vegas anymore in last week Sept.

END SEPT and OCT

- Go travelling with the Mrs to Dubai, Thailand, Malaysia, Borneo and Singapore.

END OCT and NOV


- One month travelling round Oz including Sydney, Melbourne (and Melbourne cup!!), Brisbane, Cairns, Outback, Ayers Rock and Perth.

DEC

- Back to graft

Rather excited and hopefully can get a score in Sept to replace my 3 months lost wages !!!

Any tips in any of these places then let me know.

5 comments:

Amatay said...

Sounds awesome although i can't believe you referred to me as a bum???

rubbish said...

What a awesome job or Employers you must have. Lucky bastard!!!
Enjoy.

Poker play the Soap way said...

"bum" as in lazy cant be rsed etc etc - you sure u dont qualify :)

Brenos said...

Good plan 'soon to be bum'.

Gutted about Vegas :-(

Entabeni said...

Have been to Borneo 2 years ago, if u want tips u can mail me el_rio_negro@hotmail.com