Monday, January 07, 2008

KNOWING YOUR IMAGE - MTT TIPS

In a multi you look around the table and quickly work out who's tight, who's aggressive, who's a donk, who's good etc.

However, a large number of people don't look at something equally as important - what is your image? This is mega important as you can play on this image in numerous ways - I give an example below on how this could be used.

EXAMPLE 1

I qualified for a promotion 25k freeroll on Betfair the other night as had been in top 10% of players in their Dec promotion. However loads of runners and I decided I was going to double up early or go out. I pushed all in 1st 4 hands with any two cards giving the looney image and on 4th hand i was called but happened to have a good hand (JJ) that won. Whats my image - loon who wont last 10 mins - right !!? So i played on this continuing the trend and pushed all in in 2 of the next 6 hands - 1st time with trips and 2nd time with KK pre and got paid off both times.
I then continued in this vain until KK got beat on AJ and shafted my momentum but knowing my image was mega important.

EXAMPLE 2

I know a very good MTT player who is perceived as a rock whom I know for a fact is not and certainly changes gears as the blinds get higher. However, hes totally happy to trade on rock image and steal blinds when others assume he has big cards at crunch time.

What am I saying above - always know you image at the table - if you have aces 3 hands in a row and win each pot uncontested and muck dont be surprised when your raise with KJ gets called next hand as they think your at it - sometimes worth showing cards if getting big hands all the time and you have moves in your locker.

So my simple multi tip is be aware of your own image as well as everyone elses - if I ever have anyone watching me on a final table I always check what they think my image is based on what they are watching.

2 comments:

TEAMDOBB said...

oh so true you slippery bar. got some free tickets for emirates stadium 4th round if you fancy it!
( wunda which team changes their red n white? )

Brenos said...

Nice informative post mate. I think I know who you're referring to as 'the rock' as well ;-)