Wednesday, December 05, 2007

CPC REPORT


3 That did the deal in the 300$ with John in green from the toon !!


Me watching the final 4 (in Grey ) with Animal and my Mrs




















me raking a pot in on fin tab ( seat 2)

Ok back now after a 21 hour delay coming home which was not nice. We basically were at airport for 7 hrs then told to go back to hotel for night and come back the next day. This was a horrid end to a fantastic week.

NON POKER









Marriot resort was absolutely fantastic with great accomodation and restaurants at reasonable prices. It was a beach resort and Interpoker had put me in a huge room with King Bed and a massive balcony to sun bath on - some shots on next post of views etc.









Climate is 80 degrees every day which is perfect for me and quite a strong breeze etc made the heat bearable. I didnt really leave the resort except for few nights out. 3 pools private beach etc was very relaxing.

Interpoker also through on a couple of events. A Catmarran cruise with scuba diving and barbeque and then a platinum night out with zillions of glasses or rum punch at a nice restaurant up in the mountains. This resort would be really good for a relaxing holiday but the poker kept any potential boredom away.

Travel too and from was not great. XL airways are nowt flash and the huge delay coming home was not pleasant. However , this is something I will definitely try and qualify for again next year.

I experienced my 1st ever earthquake also which fortunately was too deep in the earths surface for a tsunami to follow. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7120018.stm

POKER

I played a sat to the main event on the first day which was add on and rebuy and went out with 40 left ( 10 seats) when I lost a race 5 hrs in. I played the 500$ and didn't really move till i pushed with A2 for 3k with 1k in pot of blinds and antes - I couldn't believe it when Big blind said he had pot odds and called with 5 2 but my initial delight soon turned as a 5 flopped and I was gone.

The best event for me was the 300$ with 150 runners. I played real well in the tournie but had 2 big slices of luck. I won a KQ v QQ midway through and then with 2 tables left I won with JJ v KK ( other person said they passes a Jack) in a pot for 2/3 of my chips. I dominated a table with 21 left but then an Eastern European ran over me for an hour. I dropped right back but focused about what change I would make to my game in the dinner break and won 2 huge pots v the same guy with some subtle changes I had made which was pleasing.

I got to the final table as 2nd chip leader with big prizes 1st 13k 2nd 7k 3 4k etc and the top 3 eventually split for 8kish each. I'm slightly annoyed with my exit hand as I'm not sure if I should have pushed. I was 3rd of 7 playing 50k with blinds 3k 6k and antes in total of 3.5k ( 12.5k pot) when it was folded to me on the button - I pushed with ace seven and was called by aq on the big blind and was gone 7th for 1500$. This was my 1st final table with someone with a mike announcing hands etc and I got very frustrated at how few hands you are able to play at these levels as it takes them 5 mins to get it sorted each time someone goes all in.


Away from that game I would like to mention a few things.


1) It was great to meet some guys I have spoken to on e mail and forums etc for the first time - Azimut, Animal , Dests, Luke, Whitedog, John etc .


2) A special well done to Dests who played awesome all week. She basically played 4 events went out on bubble in 1st 2, cashed in the main event and then came 4th in the 500.


3) Also a special thanks to Interpoker for hosting me - it was good to meet Kristen at last and they looked after their players very well. Done forget to look up interpoker as they are now doing treble bite bonuses which means based on MPP's you can make 3 times the deposit amount every month. Anyone needing more info please contact me via the blog.

4) Well done to Ben ( my mate) who won through the sat for a main event seat. This was a great 1st experience of a big event with a big chip stack.


5) Last but not least I wanted to thank the Mrs - she was great on holiday let me play any events I wanted to and I never got any pressure to not play poker so it was much like home !!!!



The huge delay at the end of the trip was the only black mark on an awesome week.

1 comment:

Robert "Animal" Price said...

Good to meet ya soap, have linked ya blog up. Make sure u keep up the "live lovin" and im sure i will see ya again at another biggie sometime soon.