Friday, December 21, 2007

Had a bash at very high limits but.......................

Didnt win and didnt lose!!!.

Once in a while i like to have a bash at limits much higher than the norm. The bankroll management people wont like this as i usually only play 1 or 2 buy ins but i do it for the buzz and I ain't going to go bust trying.

This is the scenario when i would give it a try.

1) Need to be using poker profits and never own cash. I am over 10k$ in front this month so i met this need.
2) Need to play natural game as you would at lower stakes.
3) Make sure you know how much you are prepared to risk and never re buy beyond this. I was prepared to risk 1250$.

Anyway I had a look at the tables on Betfair and the 10 20 NL looked very tough so i bought into 25 50$ Fixed Limit. There were 4 players whom were sat and 1 looked very good but sat out shortly after i joined. Anyway i played for an hour or so until we got 2 handed and won 950$ and was comfortable at the level, However, i have reminded myself today I am a losing FL player this year without accounting for rakeback.

Anyway I had a look at 10 20 nl and 2 of the best players had left. I raised quite a bit as i would at lower stakes but faced far more resistance than I would at lower levels especially the player to my left. Eventually i picked up 99 on cutoff and raised to 40 when playing 650$ he reraised to 210$ and I thought his range was wide so reraised all and he called and turned over ten ten which held.

Did i overplay 99 or is this ok?

Betfair have a 550$ tourny on Sun where 2 seats are gtd for players to win a wsop packages which includes entry to wsop and wsope and cash. I know I cant play wsop due to work so dont know whether to enter or not - Im sure they would change it to a 2009 entry so i may as im sure will be lots of added value.

No comments: